With absolutely no irony three white men discuss the value of diversity in cybersecurity in the latest episode of CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast. So before you tell me we're three white men talking about diversity, I'm letting you know ahead of time we're three white men talking about diversity. We have no shame!
On this episode of the CISO/Security Vendor Relationship Podcast, we debate the following:
- Microsoft Office macros still top the malware attack vector charts: After apparently three decades it appears that MS Office macros are still the attack point of choice of malicious hackers. What legacy nonsense are enterprises still holding onto?
- What's the real value of diversity? As I readily admitted, our all white male panel confesses that lack of diversity results in group think and unconscious bias.
- We play a round of "What's Worse?!" This one has to do with budget and there's a split decision! Which one do you think is worse?
- Please, Enough. No, More. (on endpoint security): There is a very long list of stuff Mike and our guest don't want to hear anymore about with regard to endpoint security. And similarly, there's plenty more they do want to hear about. Listen to know what you should be paying attention to regarding endpoint security.
- Does complicating security infrastructure make us safer? What's the right balance of security complexity and simplicity to make your environment safer? If you've got more systems and more security applications in place that means you've got more vectors to exploit.
- Ten second security tip: And as always, we've got a quick security tip so you don't have to listen to more than a minute of the show before you get some value of this podcast.
As always, the show is hosted by me, David Spark (@dspark), founder, Spark Media Solutions and Mike Johnson, CISO, Lyft. Our guest this week is Tomer Weingarten, CEO, SentinelOne.
Special thanks to our sponsor, SentinelOne, for supporting this episode and the podcast. Learn more about their autonomous endpoint protection.
Catch up on past episodes plus read articles and watch the latest videos from the series at CISOseries.com.
Direct download: CISO_Vendor_09-16-18_FINAL.mp3
-- posted at: 10:00pm PDT